Photo etched EMI/RFI shielding:
- Used to protect against RF fields.
- Allows different circuits to operate in close proximity, as in electronics applications.
- Photo etching’s ability to create the complex geometries offers both time and cost savings compared to traditional fabrication processes.
- Generally etched from .007" - .020" brass, nickel silver, copper or cold rolled steel.
- Board level shielding can also be photo etched beryllium copper, if spring qualities are desired.
Benefits of photo etched EMI/RFI shielding parts:
- Half etching can be used for creating band lines.
- Parts can be shipped flat or bent.
- Bends can be achieved with etched bend lines or traditional bending.
- Eliminates the expense of forming tools.
- Improves design flexibility.
- Prototypes in less than 5 business days.
- Mounting pin styles available in any configuration.
- Parts can be manufactured in tabbed or untabbed process sheets.
- Clips, edge connectors, or other features can also be etched into your metal part for subsequent parts assembly or attachment to PCBs or other hardware assemblies.
- NEWCUT processes yield consistent etching results and dimensional consistencies across the entire panel.
- Cost-effective and productive solution for the many varieties of thin gauge metal parts, such as handsets and Bluetooth devices, WiFi, cellular tower, and satellite components used in wireless communications applications.
With photo etch there are no extra costs for:
- The number of holes and slots available for heat dissipation
- Intricate geometry
- Deep etched logos and nomenclature